It is a new week and a new day and I’m so glad you could join me as we continue our journey toward renewing our minds and improving our self-discipline. If you’re just joining me, you can read my article, “Morning and Evening: A New Self Discipline Journey” to learn more about why I am doing this, and how this may benefit you as well.
This week we are going to focus each day on developing better self esteem. Each day this week I will provide affirmations, scriptures, and daily challenges regarding this topic. Next week will be a new one!
With that said, let’s start our morning together!
Before we begin let us take some deep breaths to calm our mind and prepare us for this mornings discipline.
MUSIC FOR A NEW DAY
I personally like to have some soft music in the background, so if that’s something you like as well below you will find a song you can play for the duration of our time together.
PRAYER For Better Health
Now that we’re calm, let us transition to a time of prayer. Over the next few minutes you can pray on your own or feel free to use the following prayer:
Speak loudly to me and reveal all limiting images in my mind. Replace them with pictures that glorify you and accurately represent my full potential. Upgrade my opinion of myself and my vision for the future so I never feel the need to protect and preserve the past. Show me how to be a faithful steward of my one and only opportunity to magnify the greatness you have placed within me and to show your presence in my life. Lead me away from complacency and any temptation to settle for less than what you know is my absolute best.
How awesome it is that you know everything about me and love me anyway! As I accept and experience your grace and mercy, help me to grasp the depth of perfection of your love as demonstrated by the sacrifice of your only Son. Restore me this day, and make me whole and complete.
In Jesus’ name,
AmenA Prayer for Self-Worth | www.tommynewberry.com
AFFIRMATIONS for Better Self Esteem
Here are a few affirmations for this morning that you can put in your pocket and carry with you throughout your day.
As you read through them, repeat each one out loud at least three times before moving to the next. Take your time. Close your eyes and say them to yourself as well. Let these words sink into your heart and mind this morning:
- I am a masterpiece created by the Master.
- Even when I fail to love myself at times God’s love for me is unfailing.
- I am strong when I am weak because Christ lives in me.
- God knows me, wants me, and has called me by my name.
SCRIPTURES For Better Self Esteem
As Christians, our affirmations should be rooted in the strength and power of God who empowers us and strengthens us to face every trial and every day (both good and bad).
Here are some scriptures that further support the affirmations we just spoke to ourselves. Again, repeat each one three times out loud before moving to the next one. Take your time. Maybe try to commit these to memory as well:
- Ephesians 2:10, “For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things he planned for us long ago.”
- Psalm 63:3, “Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise you!”
- 2 Corinthians 12:9, “But he said to me, ‘My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.’ Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.”
- Isaiah 43:1, “But now, O Jacob, listen to the Lord who created you. O Israel, the one who formed you says, ‘Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine.'”
Our challenge today is this: do something nice for yourself today.
It’s hard to love on yourself and give yourself something special. Especially if you are struggling to love yourself to begin with. For example, my wife always struggles with the idea of buying stuff for herself when she sees something she want and we have the money for it. Her reasoning is that the money might be better spent on the kids, the house, or our cars. At which point I have to remind her that it’s ok to set those things aside once in a while a do something nice for herself.
And that’s exactly what I’m challenging you to do today. It’s Friday, the end of the week. It’s been a long hard week I’m sure. Why not do something nice for yourself?
- Go to a movie
- Go out to eat
- Buy that “something” you’ve been eyeballing for a while
- Get a coffee from your favorite coffee shop
It doesn’t even have to cost money either:
- Shut your bedroom door, turn out the lights, and take a long nap.
- Take a hot bubble bath
- Kick your feet up in a hammock and enjoy the sunshine
- Go for a walk or a hike in nature
- Go sit alongside the river and just breathe
Whatever you choose to do, do this as a way of telling yourself, “I love you”.
Quote of the Day
I also wanted to include a little quote of the day that maybe you’ll find some inspiration in as well.
Today’s quote comes from actor Michael J. Fox, who said:
One’s dignity may be assaulted, vandalized and cruelly mocked, but it can never be taken away unless it is surrendered.Michael J. Fox
Want to get notified when the next morning and evening posts come out? Subscribe below!