As our day draws to a close our journey brings us to a point of reflection and preparation for tomorrow.
If you’re just joining me on this journey toward renewing our minds and improving our self-discipline, I invite you to read my article “Morning and Evening: A New Self Discipline Journey” to learn more about why I am doing this, and how this may benefit you as well.
With that said, let’s take this time to reflect on our day.
Before we begin let us take some deep breaths to release stress, calm our minds and prepare us for this evenings reflection.
Music For Reflection
I personally like to have some soft music in the background, so if that’s something you like as well below you will find a song you can play for the duration of our time ttogether.
Prayer of Reflection
Now that we’re calm, and have let the worries of the day go, let us transition into a time of prayer.
Over the next few minutes you can pray on your own or feel free to use the following prayer:
As the day is coming to an end, I want to thank You for being with me in all that has taken place today. I also want to lay the whole day before You, asking that you would show me if there is anything that I have done to hurt or harm another person unknowingly, or if I have done anything that is displeasing in Your sight, or quenched the work of the Spirit in me, so that I may turn away from such things in the days that lie ahead.
Lord, I desire to do Your will in all things. I pray that You would cleanse me of any wrong thoughts or attitudes that may have surfaced in my heart today. Wash me in Your cleansing flood, I pray.
Thank You, that You are a God who forgives our transgressions when we are willing to confess them to You, knowing that such cleansing before You immediately draws us back into sweet fellowship with Yourself.
Give me a good nights rest I pray, and may I rest quietly in Your loving arms in the knowledge that in Christ, I am eternally secure, due to Your amazing grace, for which I praise You. In Jesus’ name,
Amen.Source: Evening Prayers | Prayer of Reflection On the Past Day
Affirmations for Reflection
Here are a few affirmations for this evening that you can speak over this time of rest.
As you read through them, repeat each one out loud at least three times before moving to the next. Take your time. Close your eyes and say them to yourself as well. Let these words sink into your heart and mind this evening:
- I will live in the moment and not worry about tomorrow.
- I will let go of my failures today.
- I am rest knowing I did my best today.
- Tomorrow will be a new day, and I’m ready for it.
Scriptures for Reflection
As Christians, our affirmations should be rooted in the rest we find in Jesus who reassures us that His burden is light and that we can trade our burden for His.
Here are some scriptures that further support the affirmations we just spoke to ourselves. Again, repeat each one three times out loud before moving to the next one. Take your time. Maybe pick one and try to commit it to memory as well:
- Exodus 23:25, “You must serve only the Lord your God. If you do, I will bless you with food and water, and I will protect you from illness.”
- 1 Corinthians 10:31, “So whether you eat or drink, whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God.”
- Proverbs 3:8, “Then you will have healing for your body and strength for your bones.”
- Romans 12:1, “And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice–the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.”
An Evening Reflection
This morning’s challenge was to drink more water. A simple step toward better health is getting enough water in a day. It seems silly, but drinking more water has science based benefits that we cannot ignore. Let us take some time to reflect on our day.
Here are some questions to ask yourself as you reflect. As you ask yourselves these questions, perhaps take the time to write your responses in a journal (or an online journal) so you can revisit them in the days ahead and see your progress and how God is working in your life:
- How much water did I drink today?
- Was it easy to drink enough water in a day?
- If so, what made it easy?
- If not, what made it hard?
- What are some easy steps I can take tomorrow to increase my water intake?
- In what ways did I see God working in my health today?
Now, lay all the days events at the feet of Jesus, take a deep breath, and rest in His faithfulness.
Tomorrow is a new day!
Want to get notified when the next morning and evening posts come out? Subscribe below!