It is a new week and a new day and I’m so glad you could join me as we continue our journey toward renewing our minds and improving our self-discipline. If you’re just joining me, you can read my article, “Morning and Evening: A New Self Discipline Journey” to learn more about why I am doing this, and how this may benefit you as well.
This week we are going to focus each day on good mental health. Each day this week I will provide affirmations, scriptures, and daily challenges regarding this topic. Next week will be a new one!
With that said, let’s start our morning together!
Before we begin let us take some deep breaths to calm our mind and prepare us for this mornings discipline.
MUSIC FOR A NEW DAY
I personally like to have some soft music in the background, so if that’s something you like as well below you will find a song you can play for the duration of our time together.
PRAYER For Better Mental Health
Now that we’re calm, let us transition to a time of prayer. Over the next few minutes you can pray on your own or feel free to use the following prayer:
I know that the first step in all spiritual healing is to believe. I believe!
I open my mind and heart believing in your infinite power and possibility. I believe that healing is a dynamic and reachable experience, a reality that can be experienced right now.
I maintain a patient and loving attitude, for I believe that your healing activity is now at work in my mind and body. I look forward, with joyful expectation, to the perfect wholeness that you are now bringing into manifestation through me.
I believe in your constant expression of perfect good in and through me. I rest in the certainty of your healing power. I know that with you all things are possible.
In Jesus Christ’s name,
AmenI Believe | Woman’s Day – 20 Prayers for Healing That’ll Bring Strength and Recovery in Hard Times
AFFIRMATIONS for Better Mental Health
Here are a few affirmations for this morning that you can put in your pocket and carry with you throughout your day.
As you read through them, repeat each one out loud at least three times before moving to the next. Take your time. Close your eyes and say them to yourself as well. Let these words sink into your heart and mind this morning:
- I will seek wisdom and understanding throughout my day.
- My mind and spirit will sing and pray as one.
- I know what to do today, but God will direct my steps in doing it.
- I will be open to God testing and purifying my heart and mind throughout today.
SCRIPTURES For Better Mental Health
As Christians, our affirmations should be rooted in the strength and power of God who empowers us and strengthens us to face every trial and every day (both good and bad).
Here are some scriptures that further support the affirmations we just spoke to ourselves. Again, repeat each one three times out loud before moving to the next one. Take your time. Maybe try to commit these to memory as well:
- Job 38:36, “Who has put wisdom in the innermost being or given understanding to the mind?”
- 1 Corinthians 14:15, “What is the outcome then? I will pray with the spirit and I will pray with the mind also; I will sing with the spirit and I will sing with the mind also.”
- Proverbs 16:9, “The mind of man plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps.”
- Psalm 26:2, “Examine me, O Lord, and try me; test my mind and my heart.”
TODAYS Mental health CHALLENGE
Our challenge today is this: try to go through the day without complaining.
This is a hard one because I know there is certainly a lot to complain about in this world. But think about it, if we made an effort to avoid complaining for an entire day, and focused only on positive things, we can begin to take a good step toward rewiring and renewing our mind toward a more positive mindset.
- If someone cuts you off in traffic you could complain about them cutting you off OR you can be grateful and thank God for keeping you safe in a potentially dangerous situation.
- If the restaurant gets your order wrong you could pitch a fit OR you could kindly request that they make it right.
Whatever you face today, I’m sure there will be opportunities to complain. But don’t. Find a higher road and focus your mind on more positive things.
At the end of the day see how you feel. Do you feel better having spent more time focusing on positive things than complaining? Take note of that and try it again tomorrow.
Quote of the Day
I also wanted to include a little quote of the day that maybe you’ll find some inspiration in as well.
Today’s quote comes from a children’s classic, “Winnie the Pooh”:
Promise me you’ll always remember: You’re braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.Christopher Robin
Want to get notified when the next morning and evening posts come out? Subscribe below!