It is a new day and I’m so glad you could join me as we continue our journey toward renewing our minds and improving our self-discipline. If you’re just joining me, you can read my article, “Morning and Evening: A New Self Discipline Journey” to learn more about why I am doing this, and how this may benefit you as well.
With that said, let’s start our morning together!
Before we begin let us take some deep breaths to calm our mind and prepare us for this mornings discipline.
MUSIC FOR A NEW DAY
I personally like to have some soft music in the background, so if that’s something you like as well below you will find a song you can play for the duration of our time together.
PRAYER For Today
Now that we’re calm, let us transition to a time of prayer. Over the next few minutes you can pray on your own or feel free to use the following prayer:
Our Father in heaven,
How we love you; how you love us. A new day unfolds, and we desire that it is infused with our worship of you. As we turn our eyes on the beauty of you, our spirits lift and find peace. Please pour out your Spirit upon us today, so we can worship in fresh ways.
We humbly ask for a deeper relationship with you, so we can have a heightened awareness of God’s presence in us.
In Jesus’ name, we pray,
Amen.5 Powerful Morning Prayers to Start Your Day | http://www.abide.com
AFFIRMATIONS For Friday
Affirmations are one way we can speak to our minds and set the tone for our day. Sometimes, when the struggle to make it through the day hits us hardest, it takes the words of our lips to penetrate the deepest reaches of our minds and keep us moving forward.
Here are a few affirmations for this morning that you can put in your pocket and carry with you throughout your day.
As you read through them, repeat each one out loud at least three times before moving to the next. Take your time. Close your eyes and say them to yourself as well. Let these words sink into your heart and mind this morning:
- I am grateful for this day of Friday.
- I am going to make the best of today.
- My mistakes this week are proof that I’m learning and improving.
- I am a warrior and celebrate my tenacity.
SCRIPTURES For the Day
As Christians, our affirmations should be rooted in the strength and power of God who empowers us and strengthens us to face every trial and every day (both good and bad).
Here are some scriptures that further support the affirmations we just spoke to ourselves. Again, repeat each one three times out loud before moving to the next one. Take your time. Maybe try to commit these to memory as well:
- Psalm 118:24, “This is the day the Lord has made. We will rejoice and be glad in it.”
- 2 Timothy 2:15, “Work hard so you can present yourself to God and receive his approval. Be a good worker, one who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly explains the word of truth.”
- James 1:2-4, “Dear brothers and sisters, when troubles of any kind come your way, consider it an opportunity for great joy. For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing.”
- Ephesians 6:11, “Put on all of God’s armor so that you will be able to stand firm against all strategies of the devil.”
It is indeed a new day and a new journey. Yesterday has passed, and tomorrow has not yet come. Today is the moment we have been given, and we must seize it and live it like there is no tomorrow.
Our challenge today is this: eliminate some clutter.
I don’t know about you, but when I let things go unaddressed for a while my life gets cluttered.
- The trash builds up in the kitchen.
- Toys build up around the house.
- Laundry builds up in the laundry room.
- The grass gets stupid tall and unmanageable.
- Weeds grow up in the garden.
- The porch gets taken over by boots, shoes, toys, pollen, and whatever else lands there.
- The yard gets filled with toys and stuff I said I was gonna take to the dump.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Today, try eliminating some clutter from your life. Pick a room, or a part of the yard, and clean it up. Stop putting it off.
This is exactly what I’m doing today. I have rented a trailer and will be spending the day hauling the huge amounts of “stuff” that has collected in my yard and shed off to the dump. Tonight when I reflect on my day, I want to look back and be relieved of the load that I have removed out of my life.
So what do you say…shall we declutter life a little together?
Want to get notified when the next morning and evening posts come out? Subscribe below!